Overview and Facilities
Students who choose to study painting will take courses in oil, acrylic, watercolor, and mixed media. Individual instruction, a wide variety of subject matter and frequent critiques characterize these courses. Originality and successful use of design elements including color and development of technical skills in a variety of media are stressed. Completion of the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in painting enables a student to seek more advanced study at an institution offering graduate work so that he/she may prepare for teaching, further study here or abroad, and the pursuit of this most traditional and respected art expression.
- Large, Airy Painting Studio
- Easels for both small and large scale works
- Workshop area and equipment to build canvases
- Large-scale painting storage lockers
- Loft area for advanced students